Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It's already been 3 weeks since I touched down in France and have made Montlucon my temporary home! Time flies quickly, and there has not been a moment (except within the first 24 hours) where I've not felt at home.  I feel as if I've been here forever, and tasks such as going to the post office, the bank and other places like that are starting to become easier (before they were scary-I would recite to myself over and over the script I prepared in my head!). Even though I feel like I've been here forever, there are always new challenges creeping up on me; I'm still working on completely understanding the television-I watch a lot of Friends and E! shows since I know those plot lines and I have a better shot at picking up what's being said, lol.  Many of you that I have spoken with have been asking me about my apartment, and if you've skyped with me you've been able to get a glance at my new pad.  But for those of you I haven't had the luxury of skyping with (add me! hbuskard), here are a few pictures for you to look at:

Living/dining room

that, friends and family, is our refrigerator

and this is our electric stove (Jose had to teach me how to use it)


My bedroom

Mere laughed out loud when I told her that this is my closet. I know anyone reading this will laugh out loud too!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Thats plenty of room for your cloths...its not like you need that many anyway just a few pairs of underwear and socks...the french dont bathe anyway(haha Just kidding...!) so you'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete