Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas, but not before I make a pit stop in Paris!

I'll be home for Christmas....a phrase that is said amongst so many people during the holiday season.  It is a phrase that brings much joy to many people as well.  I can most certainly say that it brought me much joy and happiness to say that I was going to be spending the holidays on American soil.  But before I touched down here in the good ole USA, I was able to spend a night in Paris and check out some of the Christmas festivities that go on.

My first stop was at Galeries Lafayette, which is a 7 story opera house that has been turned into a department store.  Galeries Lafayette is a must see any time you visit Paris, but it is more exciting to go there during Christmas time and see the Christmas tree they display in the center of the store.  The light display outside the building is pretty spectacular as well....not to mention the panoramic view you get when you go up to the balcony located at the very top of the building.










Galeries Lafayette's competitor, Au Printemps, also likes to decorate for Christmas: 



I also checked out some of the other lights that are put up on the Champs-Elysees:





I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and enjoys the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment